Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Lake in the Middle of the Woods

Sometimes, when I make a bracelet, I have a very specific idea in mind. Quite often, my jewelry follows a pattern. And sometimes they just happen, as this one did. When I first started making bracelets, I named each one. As I made more and more, it became easier to put them into collections. While I still do collections, the last few bracelets I have made have practically named themselves.

This bracelet has named itself A Lake in the Middle of the Woods. The colors of the surrounding beads are natural browns, greens, reds, yellows... everything that you would see as you walk the path between the trees. You've walked for miles, up ahead you see a clearing; out of nowhere, a lake. Calm, blue waters. The energy you feel, being with nature. That's Soul Energy.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your jewelry! Found you in the forums. Am your first blog follower too. :) I put one of your bracelets on my blog. I love memory wire too and use it in some of my jewelry.
    http://juliesbits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! Your blog is fantastic! I'm just getting started, I'm learning as I go... Thanks for being my first! :)

    ReplyDelete