Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Photographic Standards for Etsy?


Just for my sake of understanding, when does a photograph become "not" a photograph?  I have both of these photographs listed in my Etsy shop right now.  The bottom photograph is the original, although I, of course, use a photo editor to bring out the best in my work.

The photo above, I have obviously done more than just a basic "touch up" to the photograph, and I'm not sure at what point it would be considered "art" and not a photograph, by Etsy or anyone else's standards.  Any thoughts?





I have the original described as an "artistic photograph" and the kaleidoscope described as a "manipulated photograph".

Now I wonder if I should use "fine art photograph" for photos such as the original, and "artistic photograph" for ones that I have truly manipulated.  Or if there is another way altogether to describe it. 

I couldn't find anything specifically about this in the forums.  Is there a standard for this type of thing?  I did see several posts in the forums about the difference between "fine art photograph" and just a "photograph", but nothing that referenced manipulated photos. 






TaraFlyPhotos   recommends altered, digital, and maybe pop art to describe these photos... does that sound good to you?

1 comment:

  1. oooh, that's tough. Maybe talk to other Etsians who have similar work. Your altered photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete