Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Skywatch Friday

This week was pretty uneventful for me, skywatch wise.  It's been either gray or cloudless all week, and neither makes for a great photo.  I went out yesterday with the specific idea of getting an awesome sunset, but the sky did not cooperate.  Still no cooperation this morning for a sunrise.

I did, however, find some hints of impending spring.  Despite being dead in the middle of our winter, with temperatures still dipping below freezing... I see a bird's nest and... tiny buds on the trees!

I did get a glimpse of that boring blue sky through the tree branches
Our region of North Carolina can be rather up-and-down with the seasons.  If you missed it last week, I talked about it further here.   Last week, amid the freezing rain and snow, we had a day in the mid 50s, and tomorrow (Saturday) is supposed to be another day with the same springlike weather.  No wonder I'm seeing bird's nests and budding trees!

So as not to disappoint you who are looking for a true SkyWatch experience...  here are a couple of photos I took last August.  I was racing around town running errands, trying to get some last minute school shopping done, and I could see that a storm was on it's way.  The clouds were dark and ominous, and they were moving quickly.  I really wanted to finish the shopping before the downpour arrived.  I was at a stoplight just outside the shopping center, and when I looked up this is what I saw.





This storm waited until I got into the store to begin it's downpour.  And yes, it was fast moving.... it had finished raining by the time I finished shopping.  :)

Take a minute to SkyWatch across the world!  Go here to check out this week's photos.  If you have kids, this is a great way to explore the world.   I love to look at the photos with my daughters in my lap... last week we saw an awesome skyline in the Netherlands, a sunset in Niger and more.  This week I already see linky's from Germany, Singapore, India, Sweden, London, South Africa, Serbia, New Zealand, Poland, Brazil... and plenty from the U.S.A.

http://skyley.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment